2018 Study Sessions for Aged Care, Individual Support – Ageing, Disability, Home & Community Care
Due to the overwhelming success of previous year’s study sessions, KARBEN Training Solutions will again be offering weekday and Saturday sessions for Certificate III Individual Support & Certificate IV in Ageing qualifications for eligible participants.
Why should participants attend these study sessions?
- During these study sessions, participants will cover some of the theory requirements for up to 3 units of competency whilst also gaining tips and examples for workplace tasks to be completed back in the workplace.
- Hours spent at the study sessions may count towards traineeship off-the-job training requirements.
- Days are facilitated by experienced and fully qualified industry trainers.
- Sessions provide a forum for participants to share experiences with other carers whilst completing assessment activities suitable for classroom completion.
- Study sessions are open to non-enrolled KTS students for the purpose of professional development or training (POA)
- Enrolments open for these sessions 3 months in advance and enrolments must be completed online www.kts.edu.au
Location for scheduled study sessions
Central Coast NSW > KARBEN Training Solutions Training Centre
Study session times
Sessions will commence at 9am and finish at approximately 5pm.
(Weekday classes run between 10am-4pm with independent work between 9am-10am, 4pm – 5pm)
There are three different categories of enrolment fees depending on your current situation;
Category 1 Current enrolled student with KARBEN Training Solutions in a full qualification: $20 per session (Saturdays only)
You are eligible for this category only if you are a current enrolled student with KARBEN Training Solutions in a full qualification via a traineeship or fee for service pathway
Category 2 Not a current student, requiring a Statement of Attendance for Continuous Professional Development (CPD): $150 per session
You are eligible for this category if you are not a current student at KARBEN Training Solutions and require a Statement of Attendance for Professional Development purposes
Category 3 Not a current student, requiring a Statement of Attainment (Price is determined commencing your enrolment online)
Each session will cover the theory requirements for one or more units of competency in a classroom setting with assessments completed post class. Once assessments are successfully completed and returned to KARBEN Training Solutions, they will be reviewed by an assessor and if deemed competent, a Statement of Attainment will be awarded.
Terms & conditions
- Participants wishing to attend must have a proven track record of progression of their qualification prior to attending; your attendance will be at the discretion of your trainer.
- 3 weeks prior to the scheduled session, if you have met the condition above, once enrolled you will be sent an invoice for the session, the cost is $20 per session / per participant for existing KTS students.
- For non-enrolled KTS students, prices per workshop vary. Please refer to Enrolment Fees within this factsheet
- Once the session has been paid for, you have secured your place!
- You will receive a confirmation either by email or mail to provide you with all the information about the scheduled workshop you are attending.
- In the event that the session becomes full, a wait list is available should you miss out on your preferred session.
Places are allocated on a first in-first served basis once payment has been made in full, so don’t delay!
Factsheet Study SessionsDownload this course fact sheet
For more information regarding First Aid Course session dates, times, and locations Go to → HLTAID004-Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting Email us for assistance