CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
The CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk (Child Protection) unit, describes the skills and knowledge required to support and protect children and young people who are at risk of harm. This unit applies to workers in a range of job roles providing services to children and young people including in community services and health contexts.
Assessment is carried out in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
As a result of this training, you will learn how to:
- Implement work practices which support the protection of children and young people
- Report indications of possible risk of harm
- Apply ethical and nurturing practices in work with children and young people
- Indicators of the different types and dynamics of abuse as they may apply to age, gender, disability, culture & sexuality
- Child protection legislation in the relevant state or territory
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Impact of risk of harm
- Duty of care responsibilities
- Trauma-informed care
- Ethical considerations
- Overview of the legal system and how it pertains to the job role
- Organisation standards, policies and procedures
Download this course fact sheet
Our course can be carried out through the following methods:
Enrol anytime and submit your completed assessments for review – perfect for those busy people!
Enrol NOW into this Course via Distance / Correspondence ONLY
2. Workshop (3 hours)
Works well for those that enjoy the classroom environment
For dates & times for Central Coast and Sydney venues please check below
3. Customised Workshop* (3 hours)
We can come to you – weeknights, days, or weekends! Call us for a quote*
Workshop locations, dates, times and cost
Individual price $150 per person – Inclusive of all resources – all you need is access to the internet.
Upon successful completion of the assessment and training, participants will be awarded a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.