CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
Do you work with children or young people?
Need child protection training?
The CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk (Child Protection) unit, describes the skills and knowledge required to support and protect children and young people who are at risk of harm. This unit applies to workers in a range of job roles providing services to children and young people including in community services and health contexts.
This training relates to the National Quality Standard (NQS) Quality Area 2 – promoting children’s health and safety.
Assessment is carried out in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
As a result of this training, you will learn how to:
- Implement work practices which support the protection of children and young people
- Report indications of possible risk of harm
- Apply ethical and nurturing practices in work with children and young people
- Indicators of the different types and dynamics of abuse as they may apply to age, gender, disability, culture & sexuality
- Child protection legislation in the relevant state or territory
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Duty of care responsibilities
- Trauma-informed care
- Ethical considerations
- Overview of the legal system and how it pertains to the job role
- Organisation standards, policies and procedures
Our course can be carried out through the following delivery methods:
1. Self-paced /distance*
- Self-directed learning; no class attendance required, 3 month enrolment duration*
- Enrol anytime and submit your completed assessments for review – perfect for those busy people!
Enrol NOW into this Course via Self – paced Distance / Correspondence ONLY
2. Workshop delivery
All day classroom session: theory content delivered a.m. / assessment completion p.m.
3 hour classroom session (theory content only), assessment completed post class*
3. Refresher only
(for Professional Development purposes)
Attend workshop (theory content only); no assessment completion; statement of attendance awarded
4. Customised in service workshop (3 hours)
- Delivered at your venue; minimum 3 hour workshop (theory content only), assessment completed post class*
- Call us for a quote price on application*
Workshop locations, dates, times and cost
We service all areas throughout the Central Coast, Newcastle, Sydney and beyond. In-service sessions are welcomed!
Inclusive of all resources – all you need is access to the internet.
Upon successful completion of the training and assessment, participants will be awarded a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.